Friday, October 16, 2009

First Snow


Today is the first day I saw snow fall. Ben ran into our room this morning, "look, Aleeesha, look outside! It's snowing!!" Wow, it was so beautiful to see the white flakes swirling. We went from window to window to watch the season's first flakes cover the ground.

Being a California girl, I was very excited about all this like a little girl seeing it for the first time. I had been in the snow before, of course, but I never actually saw it fall. This was a moment. We made hot chocolate and bundled up to go outside. I had a ski hat and ski gloves which Marc laughed at, I don't want to take any chances, I'm a newbie at this cold stuff. Of course he doesn't let the the snow stop his crazy french driving, whoosh, off to school, cussing in french "quel canard" who lets a little snow slow them down.

I'm having fun so far in this winter wonderland in the Northeast, its not really winter yet and there are lots of degrees to go down. Check back with me when its 100 degree difference between here and Ventura.

No comments:

Post a Comment