Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Homme with Mon Homme

I arrived in Boston this morning, the weather is beautiful here and some of the leaves are already beginning to turn red. Marc promises this gorgeous weather will last until December 15th, and then it immediately drops to 10 below.

Its good to be here in Boston though, it hasn't quite sunk in that I actually live here. Once I'm working full time, I bet it will. I thought I would be broken up about leaving the boys behind especially Sam since he is still living at home but he assured me that he will be fine as he plans to reconfigure the house into a party house. He's home with our dog, Emma, and the chickens and he seems happy about that, well maybe not about the chickens, he and the step kids suggested to roast them.

Seeing my sons off as I head to the airport, two tall, handsome, young men who are both aspiring to be doctors makes me think I must have done something right. They work hard and I'm very proud of them. Today, I felt ready to make this huge move in my life, to be with Marc and Leah and Ben on the East Coast. Its a huge change but it feels so natural and easy and I'm very excited about this adventure. Tonight we had dinner as a family and helped the children with french homework and math. We'll put them to bed soon and later we'll go to bed, knowing that we are finally together. Its quite a miracle but so normal at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. MOM IM HUNGRY. CAREPACKAGE?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had done it all right, you would have one son a Doktor and one son a Lawyor. Who's gonna bring the bacon now if they both treat sick, sad, old, and poor people!?

    ReplyDelete