Its getting cold here, why am I the only one walking around in snow boots and gloves and a scarf? Everyone else is still in flip flops and shorts...but its cold outside. Dad sends me emails reporting this winter will be the coldest in a decade with 20 foot snow drifts. That as big as a 3 story building, why do you think he is doing this? I'm getting myself a temperature controlled astronaut suit to stay warm automatically set at 70 degrees. I won't even have to take it off to go the bathroom or shower:).
But I am having so much fun with Marc, we are like kids laughing all the time. Yesterday we went to a new Korean supermarket to gather food for dinner. Affecting a Chinese accent, Marc made me almost pee in my pants with laughter as we zipped along the aisles tossing soba noodles, bok choy and kim chi in our shopping cart. We caught fresh shrimp, squid and wild salmon for a wonderful fruiti di mare that we cooked together while sipping a Reisling and listening to Leonard Cohen.
On Yom Kippur the fast went very slowly. I so wanted someone to smuggle me a pastrami sandwich. The temple we went to seemed more like a church with opera music rather than hebrew chanting. For Sukkot we'll go to the chabad down the street for a real Jewish experience Oy!
Next weekend we are going to Quebec avec une vrai Quebecoise, Tante C.A.. This will be quite an experience for sure. Life is so good.
Lucifer make antichrist's TV moment
10 years ago


Enjoy The Chabad experience! That is where I spent the holidays this year, Rosh Hashanah in Ventura with the very small, intimate congregation, and Yom Kippur at a large, beautiful one in Poway (near San Diego). It is different. Keep in mind that the men and women do not sit together, although some do at the very back. We'll have to compare experiences!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the temp. I always kicked myself in Delaware very year at about this time, wondering what this Calif girl is doing out there! I never owned a coat, boots, scarf or gloves before going there!
Alana